Seeing Better = Driving Safer
Car accidents are the leading cause of death for Americans under age 35. How can you protect yourself and the ones you love?
Start with vision. 90% of our driving decisions depend on our vision! Seeing something even a fraction of a second sooner can save your life, or someone else’s.
An Eye Exam Can Help You Drive Safer
One of the biggest impediments to your vision on the road is glare, and the wrong corrective lens can make glare even worse. There are polarized lenses that help your eyes relax in bright sun, and lenses that help cut the glare when you drive at night. And don’t forget that the proper prescription minimizes distractions and helps you focus.
If You’re Over 40 Years Old…
It’s important to remember that, healthy or not, our eyes change as we age. Be aware of these changes when you’re on the road. They can include:
- Lowered peripheral vision
- Less flexibility in the eye, which means trouble changing focus (from your speedometer, to the road, to a mirror)
- Increased sensitivity to glare
- Lower night vision (you need more light in order to see the same thing)
Safe Driving Tips For Everyone
[iframe http://www.youtube.com/embed/uYhwXwVDlF0 620 349]
- Remember to scan, scan, scan!
- Take extra care driving at night.
- Test your blind spots.
- Keep your windows and headlights clean.